And he entered into a ship, and passed over, and came into his own city.…
I. THE AFFLICTED SUFFERER BROUGHT TO THE SAVIOUR.
II. THE RECEPTION GIVEN BY CHRIST.
1. Observe what it was that found its way to the heart of Christ. .Not his suffering, but faith.
2. Mark the peculiarity of the reception he gave to the paralyzed man — "Son, be of good cheer," etc.
III. THE CONTRADICTION OF SINNERS WHICH JESUS HAD TO ENDURE. "This man speaketh blasphemy."
IV. THE GREAT TRUTH TAUGHT US BY THIS NARRATIVE.
1. All men, till they come into saving contact with Christ, are carrying about with them two heavy burdens.
2. Christ has power to meet every case of accumulated guilt and heart-seated depravity.
3. What then is the nature of this blessing?
Parallel VersesKJV: And he entered into a ship, and passed over, and came into his own city.