And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and charged him, and said to him, You shall not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan.…
1. God's blessing needs to be repeated and confirmed unto souls, to answer temptations, and to prevent unbelief.
2. Obedience yielded to the charge of God foregoing, the blessing shall follow after.
3. God Almighty and All-sufficient is the only fountain of blessing.
4. The issues of good from God Almighty, upon poor creatures, they are blessings indeed.
5. God's All-sufficiency gives fruitfulness for the increase of His Church (ver. 3).
6. Abraham's blessing from the Almighty is that which passeth from generation to generation upon the Church.
7. The rest typical as well as spiritual and eternal, is made the inheritance of God's Israel from His Almightiness.
8. God's gift to Abraham is the just title of all the seed of promise to that inheritance eternal, typed out in Canaan (ver. 4).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and charged him, and said unto him, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan.