And Hamor the father of Shechem went out to Jacob to commune with him.…
1. Lustful men may crouch to such as they have offended to get favour from them.
2. Lust is willing to buy out favour where it hath provoked (ver. 11).
3. Lust maketh men profuse and prodigal to have their pleasure, though to their own undoing.
4. Lustful creatures would buy out their offences, though not confess or bemoan them.
5. Lust agreeth to give men their demands that it may enjoy its own.
6. Lust acquiesceth only in the enjoyment of its desired evil (ver. 12).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Hamor the father of Shechem went out unto Jacob to commune with him.