Your kingdom come, Your will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
1. The Divine will is more than mere power, — it is righteousness, wisdom, tenderness. It does not fulfil itself by simple force.
2. We should ascribe the sweet as well as the bitter experiences of life to the will of God.
3. We shall find in the Father's will being as well as doing. It will be in all our doings and desires.
4. In doing the Father's will it is manifest that many things we have loved will have to be laid aside.
5. The day when this prayer has its answer will be the day of God's revenge and victory, the revenge and victory of righteousness and love.
Parallel VersesKJV: Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.