And Moses said to God, Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?
1. God may sometimes be denied by the best of men in their infirmity.
2. The best souls are apt to have the lowest thoughts of themselves for God's work.
3. Visible difficulties in the Church may dishearten men to work.
4. The power of Egyptian oppressors may startle weak instruments of deliverance.
5. The redemption of men from the house of bondage is a startling fact.
(J. S. Exell, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?