And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt…
I. GOD KNOWS THE SORROWS TO WHICH HIS PEOPLE ARE EXPOSED.
1. Because of the relationship He sustains to them. "My people."
(1) It indicates ownership.
(3) Astonishment.The choicest of God's saints in circumstances of great trial. A problem the next world will better solve.
2. Because tits omniscient eye is upon them. He sees their trials.
3. Because they are in the habit of making known their sorrows to Him by prayer.
II. THAT AT THE PROPER TIME GOD WILL DELIVER HIS PEOPLE FROM SORROW (ver. 8).
1. Sometimes after it has been long continued.
2. Sometimes when least expected.
3. Sometimes by agencies once despised.
III. GOD USES HUMAN INSTRUMENTALITIES IN THE DELIVERANCE OF HIS PEOPLE FROM SORROWS.
1. Prepared by life's discipline.
2. Encouraged by heaven's vision.
3. Called by God's voice.
(J. S. Exell, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;