The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
1. Breathes family affection — affection to all who love Christ — affection to them as brethren, for —
(1) They are born of the same Father.
(2) They are taught by the same preceptor.
(3) They are severed from the world and dedicated to God, body, soul, and spirit.
2. Invokes a family blessing — grace — the grace of Christ.
3. Describes family experience. If we have realised the text in our experience, then we have attained the climax of Christian attainments.
(J. Dillon, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.