But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all your works.
I. WHAT IS INCLUDED.
1. A Scriptural knowledge of God.
2. Faith in God.
3. An explicit apprehension of the only medium of drawing nigh to God and of access, whether it be by prayer, meditation, or communion with Him.
4. Humble, yet confident dependence on the aids of the Divine grace.
II. THE ADVANTAGES.
1. It tends to the intellectual elevation of the soul.
2. It is essentially adapted to man's spiritual improvement.
3. It is the source of man's highest blessedness.
4. It is good as connected with our absolute safety.
5. It is an essential preparation for the glory of heaven.
(J. Burns, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.