Therefore be you also ready: for in such an hour as you think not the Son of man comes.
I. THE ADMONITION. To be ready for the coming of Christ ought to be the great end of life.
1. To be ready for death, is to have obtained the pardon of all sins.
2. It is to possess renewed natures.
3. It is to have all the graces of the Spirit in vigorous exercise.
II. THE MOTIVE AND ARGUMENT EMPLOYED.
1. The uncertainty of the event in question. '2. Death may come when, according to human calculation, there is the least Prospect of it.
3. It may call us when our earthly concerns may make it most inconvenient for us to depart.
4. It may approach when we are least ready for its approach.
(T. Brown, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.