God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,…
I. ITS SUPERIORITY IN THE EXCELLENCY AND EXTENT OF THE DISCOVERIES MADE.
1. In reference to the perfections of God. His existence, unity, holiness, goodness, love, &c.
2. In reference to the doctrine of providence.
3. In reference to a future life.
4. In reference to the method of salvation.
II. ITS SUPERIORITY IN THE MODE OF MAKING THESE DISCOVERIES.
1. The authority of the medium.
2. The finish and perfection stamped upon it.
3. The simplicity, clearness, mildness, and benignity which characterise it.
4. The superior energy and influence with which it is accompanied.
Parallel VersesKJV: God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,