Enter you in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction…
1. Seen in the universal corruption of human nature.
2. The constant call to the multitude to repent.
3. The judgments God has sent on the world.
4. From our own observation.
5. It is the most agreeable way to the corrupt nature.
6. The blindness of the human mind.
7. Prejudices against the way.
8. The broad way is easiest.
9. Satan influences thereto it.
10. Example contributes to it.
11. Also want of consideration.
(T. Boston, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: