The living, the living, he shall praise you, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known your truth.
1. God is the Author of thy life.
2. The Preserver of thy life.
3. The Giver of all thou hast, whereby thou mayest honour Him.
4. God puts opportunities in thine hand for honouring Him.
5. There are some who are deprived of those abilities or occasions ye have to honour God. The pagan world, &c.
6. Ye have forfeited by sin all your abilities, opportunities, and your very life. His patience has suffered us long, &c. Should not this engage us to live to His honour?
7. This was the design of the redemption purchased by Christ (Titus 2:14).
8. It is the design of the sanctification of the Spirit (1 Peter 2:9).
9. It is a lost life that is not lived to the honour of God.
Parallel VersesKJV: The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth.