2 Corinthians 6:17-18
Why come out from among them, and be you separate, said the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.…
I. IS A DISTINCT ACT.
1. It is a change of masters.
2. It is a change of companion. Worldly men are not suitable, healthy, or possible companions for Christians.
3. It is a change of views, and habits, and ways.
II. IS A DISTINCT EXISTENCE. It involves a separateness. The Church is separate.
1. As an institution.
2. As a community.
3. As a moral influence.
III. IS A HOLY CONDITION. "Touch not the unclean thing." Although this at the first applied only to idolatry, we may take it as applying to every unclean thing.
1. Evil is offensive to God.
2. Evil hinders all good in the soul. It is as the thorns which destroy and choke the wheat.
3. Evil is incompatible with good. Fire and water cannot coexist.
IV. BRINGS THE ACCEPTANCE AND REWARD OF GOD. Acceptance involves —
2. Restoration to privileges.
3. Complete forgiveness, peace, and happiness.
(J. J. S. Bird, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,