But I would you should understand, brothers…
Its aim, pursuit, and success, ought to be —
I. TRANSPARENT. This a true minister's —
II. FAMILIAR TO THE CHURCH. This —
1. Demanded by their community of interest.
2. Necessary to the growth of their mutual sympathy.
3. His vindication against false rumours and slander.
4. Should ever bring glory to God.
5. Ought to be cultivated, intelligent, and loving.
(G. G. Ballard.)
Parallel VersesKJV: But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel;