The lines are fallen to me in pleasant places; yes, I have a goodly heritage.
The allusion in the text is to the measuring of land by lines, and appropriating each part to the proper owners. It may be under. stood of the great salvation and large inheritance which the people of God have in Christ.
I. THE LOCALITY DESCRIBED.
1. Pleasant places are rich and wealthy places.
2. Places of security.
3. Places of rest.
4. Hiding places.
5. Places of provision.
6. High places. (Isaiah 58:14.)
II. THE NATURE OF THE VOUCHSAFEMENT. "The lines." The expression may remind us of the enclosures or spiritual blessings which we have in Christ.
1. By lines may be meant the truths of the Gospel.
2. The line of everlasting love.
3. The line of redeeming grace.
4. The line of justifying righteousness.
5. The line of renewing grace.
(T. B. Baker.)
Parallel VersesKJV: The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.