When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
5. An habitual sinner.
(J. M. Ashley.)
1. The shortness of kingdoms.
2. The fear of an evil conscience.
3. Various uses of Holy Scripture.
4. The disposition and temper of the world.
5. The conditions of an acceptable offering. The magi offered
(1) their best gifts;
(2) sincerely opened their treasures;
(3) of their own substance,
(4) with humility, without pomp;
(5) their hearts with their gifts;
(6) the care and prudence of God;
(7) the firmness of God's counsels.
Parallel VersesKJV: When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.