Then Peter began to say to him, See, we have left all, and have followed you.…
I. WHAT IS INVOLVED IN BEING A TRUE FOLLOWER OF CHRIST?
1. Partaking of His spiritual nature — being born again.
2. Resting upon the infinite merit of His atonement as the only ground of acceptance with God.
3. Sitting at His feet as a humble learner.
II. WHAT ARE THE DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS OF THE FOLLOWER OF CHRIST?
4. Intimacy. Not as Peter, who followed afar off.
5. Exclusiveness — Jesus only.
III. WHAT ARE THE REWARDS OF THE FOLLOWER OF CHRIST?
2. Constant access to God.
3. The presence of Christ.
4. Protection in danger.
5. Light in darkness.
6. Salvation here and glory hereafter.
Parallel VersesKJV: Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.