How can you say, I am not polluted, I have not gone after Baalim? see your way in the valley, know what you have done…
Look at thy life in the light of —
1. God's Divine purpose.
2. Your social position, and the circumstances by which you have been surrounded.
3. The responsibilities of the domestic relationship.
4. Your relationship to the best and tenderest of fathers.
5. The tender dealings of the Holy Spirit.
6. Your relationship with Him who, because He loved you, was content to hang upon the Cross.
(W. H. M. H. Aitken, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: How canst thou say, I am not polluted, I have not gone after Baalim? see thy way in the valley, know what thou hast done: thou art a swift dromedary traversing her ways;