New International Version
You have made us scum and refuse among the nations.
King James Bible
Thou hast made us as the offscouring and refuse in the midst of the people.
Darby Bible Translation
Thou hast made us the offscouring and refuse in the midst of the peoples.
World English Bible
You have made us an off-scouring and refuse in the midst of the peoples.
Young's Literal Translation
Offscouring and refuse Thou dost make us In the midst of the peoples.
Lamentations 3:45 Parallel
CommentaryClarke's Commentary on the Bible
Let us search - How are we to get the pardon of our sins? The prophet tells us:
1. Let us examine ourselves.
2. "Let us turn again to the Lord."
3. "Let us lift up our heart;" let us make fervent prayer and supplication for mercy.
4. "Let us lift up our hand;" let us solemnly promise to be his, and bind ourselves in a covenant to be the Lord's only: so much lifting up the hand to God implies. Or, let us put our heart on our hand, and offer it to God; so some have translated this clause.
5. "We have transgressed;" let our confession of sin be fervent and sincere.
6. And to us who profess Christianity it may be added, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as having died for thee; and thou shalt not perish, but have everlasting life.
Lamentations 3:46, Lamentations 3:47, Lamentations 3:48, beginning with פ phe, should, as to the order of the alphabet, follow Lamentations 3:49, Lamentations 3:50, Lamentations 3:51, which begin with ע ain, which in its grammatical position precedes the former.
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
LibraryFebruary the Twenty-Fourth Moving Towards Daybreak
"He hath brought me into darkness, but not into light." --LAMENTATIONS iii. 1-9. But a man may be in darkness, and yet in motion toward the light. I was in the darkness of the subway, and it was close and oppressive, but I was moving toward the light and fragrance of the open country. I entered into a tunnel in the Black Country in England, but the motion was continued, and we emerged amid fields of loveliness. And therefore the great thing to remember is that God's darknesses are not His goals; …
John Henry Jowett—My Daily Meditation for the Circling Year
"And we all do Fade as a Leaf, and Our Iniquities, Like the Wind, have Taken us Away. "
The Ambassadors from Babylon
Meditations for one that is Like to Die.
1 Corinthians 4:13
when we are slandered, we answer kindly. We have become the scum of the earth, the garbage of the world--right up to this moment.
"All our enemies have opened their mouths wide against us.
Jump to PreviousMere Midst Nations Offscouring Peoples Refuse Scum Use Waste
Jump to NextMere Midst Nations Offscouring Peoples Refuse Scum Use Waste
LinksLamentations 3:45 NIV
Lamentations 3:45 NLT
Lamentations 3:45 ESV
Lamentations 3:45 NASB
Lamentations 3:45 KJV
Lamentations 3:45 Bible Apps
Lamentations 3:45 Biblia Paralela
Lamentations 3:45 Chinese Bible
Lamentations 3:45 French Bible
Lamentations 3:45 German Bible
Lamentations 3:45 Commentaries
THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica®.