New International Version
For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."
King James Bible
For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
Darby Bible Translation
For the bread of God is he who comes down out of heaven and gives life to the world.
World English Bible
For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world."
Young's Literal Translation
for the bread of God is that which is coming down out of the heaven, and giving life to the world.'
John 6:33 Parallel
CommentaryClarke's Commentary on the Bible
Moses gave you not that bread from heaven - Our Lord refutes the argument of the Jews, by proving:
1. That it was not Moses, but God, who gave the manna.
2. That this bread was not the true bread, but was merely a type of it.
3. That God had given them now a bread infinitely more excellent.
4. That himself is that heavenly nourishment of which he spake, and who was typified by the manna in the desert.
To show that himself was the true bread from heaven, he proves two things:
1. That his doctrine was the true nourishment of the soul, and that those who were to be put in possession of the blessings promised in it must come to God by faith.
2. That he would give his body for the life of the world: that as bread is the staff that supports the natural life of man, so the salvation procured by his death should be that by which the bodies and souls of believers should be preserved unto life eternal.
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
LibraryMay 9 Evening
It is I; be not afraid.--JOHN 6:20. When I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.--I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins. Woe is me! for I am undone; . . . mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts. Then flew one of the seraphims …
Anonymous—Daily Light on the Daily Path
November 21 Morning
June 22. "This is that Bread which came Down from Heaven" (John vi. 58).
The Fourth Miracle in John's Gospel
Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven.
At this the Jews there began to grumble about him because he said, "I am the bread that came down from heaven."
But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die.
This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever."
Jump to PreviousBread Gives God's Heaven Life World
Jump to NextBread Gives God's Heaven Life World
LinksJohn 6:33 NIV
John 6:33 NLT
John 6:33 ESV
John 6:33 NASB
John 6:33 KJV
John 6:33 Bible Apps
John 6:33 Biblia Paralela
John 6:33 Chinese Bible
John 6:33 French Bible
John 6:33 German Bible
John 6:33 Commentaries
THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica®.