New International Version
"I issue a decree that in every part of my kingdom people must fear and reverence the God of Daniel. "For he is the living God and he endures forever; his kingdom will not be destroyed, his dominion will never end.
King James Bible
I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.
Darby Bible Translation
I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel; for he is the living God, and steadfast for ever, and his kingdom [that] which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.
World English Bible
I make a decree, that in all the dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel; for he is the living God, and steadfast forever, His kingdom that which shall not be destroyed; and his dominion shall be even to the end.
Young's Literal Translation
From before me is made a decree, that in every dominion of my kingdom they are trembling and fearing before the God of Daniel, for He is the living God, and abiding to the ages, and His kingdom that which is not destroyed, and His dominion is unto the end.
Daniel 6:26 Parallel
CommentaryClarke's Commentary on the Bible
I make a decree that - men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel - As in the case of the three Hebrews, Daniel 3:29. The true God was known by his servants, and by the deliverances he wrought for them. See his characters in this decree.
1. He is the living God, the Author and Giver of life; all others are dead gods.
2. He is steadfast for ever. All things change; but he is unchangeable.
3. He has a kingdom; for as he made all things, so he governs all things.
4. His kingdom shall not be destroyed. No human power can prevail against it, because it is upheld by his omnipotence.
5. His dominion is without end. It is an everlasting dominion, under an everlasting rule, by an everlasting God.
6. He delivereth them that are in danger and bondage.
7. He rescueth those who have fallen into the hands of their enemies, and implore his succor.
8. He worketh signs in the heavens.
9. And wonders upon earth; showing that both are under his sway, and are parts of his dominion.
10. And to complete all, He hath delivered Daniel. Before our own eyes he has given the fullest proof of his power and goodness, in rescuing his faithful servant from the teeth of the lions. What a fine eulogium on the great God and his faithful servant!
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
and his kingdom.
LibraryA Tribute from Enemies
Then said these men, We shall not find any occasion against this Daniel, except we find it against him concerning the law of his God.'--DANIEL vi. 5. Daniel was somewhere about ninety years old when he was cast to the lions. He had been for many years the real governor of the whole empire; and, of course, in such a position had incurred much hatred and jealousy. He was a foreigner and a worshipper of another God, and therefore was all the more unpopular, as a Brahmin would be in England if he were …
Alexander Maclaren—Expositions of Holy Scripture
The Jordan: the Decisive Start. Matthew 3:13-17. Mark 1:9-1Luke
and he will reign over Jacob's descendants forever; his kingdom will never end."
and, "In the very place where it was said to them, 'You are not my people,' there they will be called 'children of the living God.'"
Any of his people among you may go up to Jerusalem in Judah and build the temple of the LORD, the God of Israel, the God who is in Jerusalem, and may their God be with them.
Moreover, I hereby decree what you are to do for these elders of the Jews in the construction of this house of God: Their expenses are to be fully paid out of the royal treasury, from the revenues of Trans-Euphrates, so that the work will not stop.
Now I decree that any of the Israelites in my kingdom, including priests and Levites, who volunteer to go to Jerusalem with you, may go.
Now I, King Artaxerxes, decree that all the treasurers of Trans-Euphrates are to provide with diligence whatever Ezra the priest, the teacher of the Law of the God of heaven, may ask of you--
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?
Jump to PreviousDaniel Decree Destroyed Dominion End Enduring Fear Forever Kingdom Steadfast Stedfast Tremble
Jump to NextDaniel Decree Destroyed Dominion End Enduring Fear Forever Kingdom Steadfast Stedfast Tremble
LinksDaniel 6:26 NIV
Daniel 6:26 NLT
Daniel 6:26 ESV
Daniel 6:26 NASB
Daniel 6:26 KJV
Daniel 6:26 Bible Apps
Daniel 6:26 Biblia Paralela
Daniel 6:26 Chinese Bible
Daniel 6:26 French Bible
Daniel 6:26 German Bible
Daniel 6:26 Commentaries
THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica®.