2 Kings 1:1-6
Then Moab rebelled against Israel after the death of Ahab.…
I. WORLDLY ROYALTY IN A HUMILIATING CONDITION.
1. A king in mortal suffering.
2. A king in mental distress.
3. A king in superstitious darkness.
II. PERSONAL GODLINESS DIVINELY MAJESTIC. Elijah is an example of personal godliness, though, in a worldly sense, he was very poor, and his costume seemed to be almost the meanest of the mean. But see the majesty of this man in two things.
1. In receiving communications from heaven. "But the angel of the Lord said to Elijah the Tishbite."
2. In reproving the king. Which is the better — a throne or a godly character? Fools only prefer the former.
Parallel VersesKJV: Then Moab rebelled against Israel after the death of Ahab.