The Congregational Pulpit
2 Peter 1:1-2
Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ…
1. Faith, considered intellectually, is valuable.
2. The value of faith appears in its power, of realising in our minds the existence and presence of God.
3. Faith appears pre-eminently precious when we remember that by it we obtain a part in the great work of redemption which our Lord Jesus Christ has affected.
4. The preciousness of faith appears in its beneficial influence on character.
5. The value of faith is felt in the power it has to sustain and comfort the mind when no other help is available.
(The Congregational Pulpit.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: