But if you will not do so, behold, you have sinned against the LORD: and be sure your sin will find you out.
The sinner and his sin change places after he has committed it. Before its commission he pursues sin; after its perpetration sin pursues him, and is sure to find him.
1. Because of the absolute perfectness of God's law, which covers every detail of a human being's life, and threatens a penalty for every dereliction.
2. Because of the perfect administration of that law, which notes every offence and secures the punishment of every offender.
1. Sometimes in this life, by civil law, by general censure, and by reproaches of conscience.
2. Sometimes at death, when the hallucination of the world is removed, and conscience asserts its authority.
3. Always at the judgment, when Satan no longer can deceive, when the standard of duty is applied, and the sinner's record is unfolded. In the Hades of the lost, where the sinner shall reap in kind, in degree, and in quantity what he has sown.
Parallel VersesKJV: But if ye will not do so, behold, ye have sinned against the LORD: and be sure your sin will find you out.