1 Corinthians 13:13
And now stays faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
I. THEIR EXCELLENCE..
1. Faith. It unites to Christ. It secures our justification. It is the great power in our present life: "The just shall live by faith."
2. Hope. It brightens the present by brightening the future.
3. Love. What a wilderness the world would be without love!
II. THEIR CONTINUANCE. It is better to have lost the extraordinary gifts than these graces.
III. THEIR RELATIVE VALUE. Love the greatest.
1. It has longer continuance.
2. It is more useful to others.
3. It makes men like God in character.
Parallel VersesKJV: And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.