Your kingdom come, Your will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
I. A FACT ASSUMED, THAT THE WILL OF GOD IS DONE BY ALL THE INHABITANTS OF HEAVEN AS HE HIMSELF REQUIRES. The place, the parties, the practice, must receive consideration.
1. To determine the locality of heaven will for ever exceed the ability of man on earth.
2. We can, however, describe its inhabitants.
3. We have to consider how they act.
II. ESTABLISH THE DOCTRINE IMPLIED. God has, and will exercise, the same authority over men on earth and angels in heaven.
1. Our first proof is from the dictates of conscience.
2. Confirmed from the deductions of reason.
3. Clear from scripture.
III. ENFORCE THE DUTY.
1. That obedience to the will of the Creator is essential to the welfare of every intelligent creature.
2. It is obvious if there had been no sin there would have been no suffering.
3. It is therefore evident that in order to be happy we must be in a state of acceptance with God.
Parallel VersesKJV: Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.