Seek you out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it has commanded…
1. This Book discovers what no mortal could ever have done, and nowise could be had but by Divine revelation.
2. The perfect holiness of the doctrine.
3. The efficacy of the doctrine in its searching and convincing the conscience (Hebrews 4:12); converting souls from their most beloved lusts, even when nothing can be expected from the world for such a change (Psalm 19:7); rejoicing the heart under the deepest distresses (ver. 8). This is not from any virtue in the letters or syllables, but from the Spirit, whose instrument it is.
4. The miracles wherewith it has been confirmed.
5. There is an inward sensation of this in the spirits of those that have their senses exercised.
( T. Watson, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.