1 Peter 2:1-3
Why laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, all evil speakings,…
I. It involves YOUNG LIFE. There is no growth without life, and old life grows not. Soul growth consists in the simultaneous and harmonious development of all the powers of the mind under the inspiration and direction of supreme love to God.
II. It involves SUITABLE ALIMENT.
1. The Word must be taken into the soul by hearing and reading.
2. The Word must be digested by the soul by reflection and prayer.
3. The Word must be incorporated in the soul by holy activities and habits.
III. It involves A HEALTHY APPETITE.
1. The soul must have an appetite for truth before it will take it.
2. The soul must have an appetite for the genuine truth before it will get the right nutriment.
Parallel VersesKJV: Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,