Seek you out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it has commanded…
: — What is presupposed in this seeking out of the Book of the Lord?
1. That man has lost his way, and needs direction to find it.
2. That man is in hazard of being led further and further wrong.
3. That men are slow of heart to understand the mind of God in His Word.
4. That the Book of the Lord has its difficulties which are not to be easily solved.
5. That we need highly to understand it; otherwise we would not be bidden search into it.
6. That we may gain from it by diligent inquiry.
( T. Watson, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.