And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.…
I. THE PRELIMINARIES OF THIS MEMORABLE MIRACLE.
1. A strange question (ver. 2).
2. A conclusive reply (ver. 3).
3. A solemn reflection (ver. 4).
4. A glorious announcement (ver. 5).
II. THE PECULIAR MANNER IN WHICH IT WAS WROUGHT.
1. The action (ver. 6).
2. The command, "Go" (ver. 6) The design of which was —
(1) To try the man's faith, as Naaman's was tried.
(2) To give greater publicity to the miracle.
3. the result, "Came seeing" (ver. 7).
III. THE VARIOUS DISPUTES AND ENQUIRIES WHICH THE MIRACLE OCCASIONED. Several parties are introduced.
1. The man's neighbours and casual acquaintances (vers. 8-12).
2. The Pharisees (ver. 13, etc.).
3. Our Lord (ver. 35, etc.).
Parallel VersesKJV: And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.