And there ran a young man, and told Moses, and said, Eldad and Medad do prophesy in the camp.…
I. A PROTEST AGAINST MONOPOLY IN RELIGIOUS TEACHING.
1. The prevalence of this monopoly.
2. The causes of this monopoly.
(1) Love of power.
(2) The love of money.
3. The iniquity of this monopoly. What arrogancy! Is not one mind as near the fountain of knowledge, the source of inspiration, as another?
II. AN AUTHORITY FOR FREEDOM IN RELIGIOUS TEACHING.
1. All the Lord's people ought to be teachers. The possession of superior knowledge implies the obligation to disseminate it.
2. All the Lord's people might be teachers. All that is wanted is "that the Lord would put His Spirit upon them"; and this Spirit is free alike to all.
Parallel VersesKJV: And there ran a young man, and told Moses, and said, Eldad and Medad do prophesy in the camp.