1 Peter 5:5-7
Likewise, you younger, submit yourselves to the elder. Yes, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility…
I. ITS OBJECTS.
II. ITS NATURE.
1. Cordial and tender.
2. Active and efficacious.
3. Patient and unwearied.
4. Permanent and lasting.
III. ITS EVIDENCES.
1. The relation ship He acknowledges.
2. His own testimony and promises.
3. Our own experience.
4. The undertaking for our salvation.
IV. ITS INFERENCES.
1. The wonderful nature of our God.
2. The duty and obligation which devolve upon us — to love Him in return.
3. The acknowledgment.
Parallel VersesKJV: Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
WEB: Likewise, you younger ones, be subject to the elder. Yes, all of you clothe yourselves with humility, to subject yourselves to one another; for "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble."