By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him…
1. It is strange that so little is said about Enoch.
2. The comparative shortness of his stay upon earth.
3. The manifest singularity of the life he lived.
I. HE TAUGHT THE WORLD BY HIS LIFE.
1. He walked with God. This implies —
(1) An abiding consciousness of the Divine presence.
(2) Cordial fellowship.
(3) Spiritual progress.
2. He pleased God. As the loadstar seems to beam more brilliantly in the firmament the darker grow the clouds that float about it, so Enoch's life must have been a luminous power in his age of black depravity.
II. HE TAUGHT THE WORLD BY HIS TRANSLATION —
1. That death is not a necessity of human nature.
2. That there is a sphere of human existence beyond this.
3. That there is a God in the universe who approves of goodness.
4. That the mastering of sin is the way to a grand destiny.
III. HE TAUGHT THE WORLD BY HIS PREACHING.
1. The advent of the Judge.
2. The gathering of the saints.
3. The conviction of sinners.
Parallel VersesKJV: By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
WEB: By faith, Enoch was taken away, so that he wouldn't see death, and he was not found, because God translated him. For he has had testimony given to him that before his translation he had been well pleasing to God.