You, O God, did send a plentiful rain, whereby you did confirm your inheritance, when it was weary.
I. GOD HAS A POSSESSION IN THIS WORLD WHICH MAY BE PRE-EMINENTLY CALLED HIS OWN. "Thine inheritance." The Church is His —
1. By special choice.
2. By right of conquest.
3. By voluntary self-surrender of His believing people.
II. THIS HERITAGE UPON EARTH IS OFTEN EXPOSED TO THE EXHAUSTING INFLUENCE OF TRIAL AND DISCOURAGEMENT.
1. The length of the way.
2. Open enemies.
3. False friends.
4. Delay of harvest, and fear of final loss.
III. GOD IS AT NO LOSS FOR MEANS AND INSTRUMENTS TO REFRESH AND REPLENISH HIS CHURCH IN CRITICAL SEASONS.
1. These promised influences are timely and seasonable.
2. They are copious and abundant
3. They are fertilizing and vitally influential.
Parallel VersesKJV: Thou, O God, didst send a plentiful rain, whereby thou didst confirm thine inheritance, when it was weary.