After this manner therefore pray you: Our Father which are in heaven, Hallowed be your name.…
The catholic spirit of the Lord's Prayer. The Paternal relation involves the fraternal; no engagement so uniting as prayer. Considerations for fraternal union: —
1. The equality of love with which the Father regards all His family.
2. The same spirit of adoption dwells alike in all the children of God.
3. That our Father is bringing us all to one parental and eternal home.
4. This topic belongs essentially to practical Christianity.
5. How uniting this truth upon the family institution.
(Dr. O. Winslow.)
Parallel VersesKJV: After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.