1 Corinthians 2:10
But God has revealed them to us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.…
I. ITS INDISPENSABLE NECESSITY TO THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD. Because —
1. God stands alone, and is known only to Himself.
2. He is infinitely less comprehensible than men who cannot, though of the same nation, comprehend each other.
II. ITS POSSIBILITY AND SUFFICIENCY. The Spirit —
1. Is as intimately one with God as the spirit of man is one with Himself.
2. Knows all things perfectly.
3. What He knows He can reveal.
III. ITS CONTENTS AND OPERATION.
1. It contains a revelation of the Divine purpose, of Christ, of the things prepared for us in eternity.
2. He who teaches these things awakens desire, produces faith, confirms and comforts the heart in the knowledge of them.
Parallel VersesKJV: But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.