But after that the kindness and love of God our Savior toward man appeared,…
I. SALVATION BASED UPON DIVINE MERCY. "Kindness" or goodness, "Love." Margin "pity" Literally, "philanthropy"; that is "the love of man" (John 3:16).
II. SALVATION INDEPENDENT OF HUMAN MERIT.
1. There is in the best of us an absence of good (i.e., meritorious) works.
2. Redemption can only be attained by a new creation. "Regeneration," or "new birth."
III. SALVATION PROVIDED ABUNDANTLY.
1. Abundantly — as an exhibition of abundant mercy.
2. Abundantly — as a remedy for great sin.
3. Abundantly as a provision for all who will repent.
IV. SALVATION EVERLASTING.
1. Justification a ground of hope.
2. Hope of eternal life.
Parallel VersesKJV: But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,