Then come to him the Sadducees, which say there is no resurrection; and they asked him, saying,…
1. Knowledge of the Scriptures may be very superficial.
2. Christ shows us how to conduct controversy.
3. Jesus enlarges our thoughts of what life is.
4. We are not to measure the unseen by the seen.
5. We cannot ignore one truth without danger of losing our hold on others.
6. The future life differs from the present
(1) In its constitution;
(2) in its blessedness.
7. A higher existence hereafter suggests the folly of expecting perfection here.
8. Our friends, who "sleep in Jesus" are not dead.
Parallel VersesKJV: Then come unto him the Sadducees, which say there is no resurrection; and they asked him, saying,