And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For your is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
1. All prayer should gather itself up and crown itself in praise.
2. Praise should not be for gifts and graces, but for what God is in Himself.
II. AN ARGUMENTATIVE doxology. "For thine," etc. It establishes a plea for every petition.
III. The virtue and sufficiency of prayer lie in a threefold recognition of God.
1. His kingdom — perfect, sovereign, regal.
2. True prayer never stops to ask how.
3. It fixes itself on the glory of God.
(T. Vaughan, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.