And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For your is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
It surrounds the purest, clings to the holiest, shadows the brightest, embitters the happiest.
1. The true suppliant will try to see evil from the point of view from which God sees it.
2. There is no good which has not in its constitution some evil, so there is no evil that is not mingled with some good.
3. An enlightened man will leave the time and way of deliverance to God.
4. God's plan is by ransom; He delivered Christ to evil that He might deliver you from it.
5. The believer's liberty, sanctity, and rest.
(J. Vaughan, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.