1 Peter 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ…
I. THE CERTAINTY OF THE DELIVERANCE OF GOD'S PEOPLE.
1. The preceding plagues had terrified for a moment; this will crush resistance. The stroke long delayed was now at length to fall. The last awful pause had come, during which Egypt waited in dread, and Israel in hope mingled with awe.
2. The like moment will come in God's contest with sin. There will be a last awful pause, and then the trump of God shall sound.
3. The last hour of this earthly life of ours will also come, and the soul be freed from the grasp of sorrow, and pass up through the pearly gates into the father's home.
II. ITS COMPLETENESS. "He shall surely thrust you out hence altogether." Every bond will be broken.
1. The churches of God shall no more feel the world's afflicting hand.
2. Sin shall have no more dominion over God's redeemed. God's deliverance comes slowly, but when it does come it is full and lasting.
III. IT WILL BE ATTENDED WITH GREAT ENRICHMENT. It will not be an escape with mere life. To their own shall be added the wealth of their foes.
1. The riches of the nations will yet be the possession of the people of God.
2. This will be only the type of the true riches with which the redeemed shall be endowed.
IV. AND WITH GREAT HONOUR. The despised bondsmen were girt with reverence and awe, such as had never encircled the throne of the Pharaohs. The true kings of the earth for whose manifestation the world waits are the sons of God. They will be, too, the princes of heaven, co-heirs with Christ, sharers of the throne of the Son of God. - U.
Parallel VersesKJV: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,