And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things said he that is holy, he that is true, he that has the key of David…
I. A CHARACTER TO BE ADORED.
3. Supreme. All the doors to human usefulness, dignity, and happiness, are at the disposal of Christ.
II. AN ENERGY TO BE COVETED.
1. The energy of true usefulness.
2. The energy of loyal obedience.
3. The energy of true courage.
4. The energy of moral sovereignty.
5. The energy of Divine approval and protection.
III. A DESTINY TO BE SOUGHT.
1. A crown lies within their reach.
2. Divine security is assured.
3. Sublime distinction is promised.
(D. Thomas, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
WEB: "To the angel of the assembly in Philadelphia write: "He who is holy, he who is true, he who has the key of David, he who opens and no one can shut, and who shuts and no one opens, says these things: