2 Corinthians 3:12-18
Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:…
I. ITS FIGURATIVE REPRESENTATION. This moral blindness)is —
1. Criminal — the result of a sinful course.
2. Dangerous — a most alarming moral disease.
3. Temporary — the heart must one day be quickened.
II. ITS UNIVERSAL SYMPTOMS. Want of spiritual —
2. Perception. A thick haze of sin hides the spiritual from the soul's eye.
III. ITS GRAND DISCOVERY. Man's awful moral insensibility is seen in —
1. His opposition.
2. His indifference to the gospel. But yet this will be done away in Christ.
(D. Thomas, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech: