What does it profit, my brothers, though a man say he has faith, and have not works? can faith save him?…
I. THE UNPARALLELED MERCY OF GOD. It is a friendship which the Highest Sovereign in the universe originates —
1. With the meanest of His subjects.
2. With His meanest rebellious subjects.
3. At a most tremendous sacrifice.
4. Pressed on them after repeated rejections.
II. THE INCOMPARABLE PRIVILEGES OF THE SAINT,
III. THE DEMONSTRATION OF PIETY. We cannot be friends of God without developing certain salient, palpable, and evidential results.
1. We shall be humble in spirit.
2. We shall resemble Him in character.
3. We shall have zeal for His honour.
4. We shall have confidence in His administration.
5. We shall love the society of His friends.
6. We shall delight to think of Him.
Parallel VersesKJV: What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?