1 John 2:21-24
I have not written to you because you know not the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.…
We have here two subjects of thought.
I. The greatest BEINGS in the universe.
1. The "Father." Who is He? The cause, the means, the end of all things in the universe but sin.
2. The "Son." Who is the Son? His express Image, His Divine Equal, the one grand object of His love. Before these two Beings, all systems, all hierarchies, all potentates, kingdoms, principalities, are less than a spark to the sun, a drop to the ocean. Another subject of thought is —
II. The greatest CRIME in the universe. What is it?
1. Practical Anti-theism. "Denieth the Father." Millions confess the Father, who practically deny Him.
2. Practical anti-Christism. "Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ?" Practically, to deny Christ as the true Messiah, to live as if He never existed, is anti-theism in another form. This is the crime of crimes. Living as if no God the Father, no Christ the Son ever existed.CONCLUSION.
1. Antichrist is confined to no one Church.
2. Antichrist embraces all sin. Every man that does not love the Father supremely, and accept the Son lovingly and loyally, is Antichrist.
(D. Thomas, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.