2 Peter 1:1-2
Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ…
1. Such as have experience of the worth of grace and peace in themselves, desire also that others may be partakers of the same.
2. The preachers of God's Word ought by their labours and endeavours, by their wishes and prayers, to point out unto their people those things for which they should especially labour and endeavour.
3. The grace and favour of God is the chiefest good thing to be sought after, to be wished and desired above all things in the world next to God's glory.
4. God doth bestow His graces upon His own children, not all at once, but by degrees as He findeth them fit and capable to receive them. This I gather from the word "multiplied."
5. Grace and peace may be obtained, continued, and increased through the knowledge of God and His Son Jesus Christ. That the main reason why so many complain of the want of peace of conscience, and of their not profiting in grace, is their not growing and increasing in saving knowledge.
Parallel VersesKJV: Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: