After this manner therefore pray you: Our Father which are in heaven, Hallowed be your name.
I. WHAT DO WE MEAN BY THE NAME OF THE FATHER.
1. His name is the expression of Himself through the language of nature.
2. It includes the further expression of Himself through the medium of inspired words.
3. His name is perfectly expressed in the language of the Incarnation.
II. How CAN WE HALLOW IT?
1. In the language of the Old Testament to hallow a thing is to set it apart ceremonially, as a thing sacred.
2. Hallowed be Thy name by the indwelling of the Holy Ghost in us.
3. By our trust.
4. In the spirit of our prayers.
5. In our lives.
6. In our language.
7. In Thy Church by the ascription to Thee alone of honours due.
8. In the overthrow of idolatry.
Parallel VersesKJV: After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.