They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.
I. WHAT NEED WE ALL HAVE OF HEALING.
1. Asserted in Scripture.
2. Confirmed by experience.
II. WHO THEY ARE THAT HEAL THEIR WOUNDS SLIGHTLY.
1. They who rely on the uncovenanted mercy of God, fatally deceive their souls by expecting mercy contrary to Gospel.
2. They who take refuge in a round of duties; no attainments can stand in place of Christ.
3. They who rest in a faith that is unproductive of good works; but the faith that apprehends Christ will "work by love," "purify the heart," "overcome the world."
III. HOW WE MAY HAVE THEM HEALED EFFECTUALLY.
1. The Lord Jesus has provided a remedy for sin (Isaiah 53:5).
2. That remedy applied by faith shall be effectual for all who trust in it.Address —
1. Those who feel not their need of healing.
2. Those who, after having derived some benefits from Christ, have relapsed into sin.
3. Those who are enjoying health in their souls.
(C. Simeon, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.