The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD in the days of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, saying,…
I. LET US CONSIDER THIS COMPLAINT. There is at this day —
1. The same regard for the commands of men.
2. The same disregard for the commands of God. But let us consider the complaint more minutely —
II. WITH ITS ATTENDANT AGGRAVATIONS.
1. The authority from which the different commands proceeded.
2. The commands themselves.
3. The manner in which they were enforced. Address —
(1) Those who regard man, and not God.
(2) Those who regard God, and not man.
(3) Those who feel a united regard for both.
(C. Simeon, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: The word which came unto Jeremiah from the LORD in the days of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, saying,