And I say to you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when you fail…
I. WHAT KIND OF DWELLINGS ARE THESE?
1. The sweetest peace reigns m them, as regards the body.
(1) There is no earthly burden.
(2) There are no afflictions or tribulations.
2. The sweetest peace, as regards the soul.
(1) There is no struggle.
(2) There is no peril.
3. The greatest joy reigns in them.
II. FOR WHOM ARE THE EVERLASTING DWELLINGS?
1. Not for sinners (Revelation 21:27).
(1) The unjust.
(2) The uncharitable.
(3) The unbelieving.
(5) The unchaste.
(6) The slothful.
2. Only for the just. To heaven we are led —
(1) By unwavering faith.
(2) By childlike humility.
(3) By a strenuous combat.
(4) By true justice.
Parallel VersesKJV: And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.